Tuesday, September 09, 2008

So they teach this now...

Postmodernism. Yes


Meta-Narratives. Yes

lower case truths vs Upper Case Truths. Yes

One class summarized and answered what I had been wrestling with 3-4 years ago. 
Life could have been extremely different if, and only if this was spoken to me when I first began my journey. So now I have to ask, why am I finding this at Regent, and not at the place more seekers come to, at our local churches? 

I understand the fact that, this is part of my wrestling, my struggles, my story, which defines my character and who I am and God has definitely used it to get me closer to him. But I also have friends who have walked away from Jesus because of the same things.

Perhaps this is why Paul writes in Ephesian about how some are like "infants being tossed back and forth by every wind of teaching and craftiness of men."

So what are we to do engage in such philosophical talk? Paul tells us to "speak truth in love".

Speak "truth" in "love".

"Speak" truth "in" love.

"Speak truth in love".

This is going to keep me up all night.






No comments: